ARMS AROUND YOU - WOMEN'S HOME FOR RECENTLY RELEASED INDIVIDUALS
WHEN: House Opens September 1, 2020!
WHERE: South King County
WHAT: A residential home, specifically for Women releasing to King County from Washington State institutions. All interested women in custody of D.O.C must either mail a letter of interest to our office or have their pre-release planner contact our office to schedule a over the phone interview. It is important that all women housed with us are a good fit for the program and will be interviewed. Send all letters of interest to: Arms Around You, 938 Industry Drive, Tukwila, WA 98188 or email to email@example.com.
SEATTLE DACA SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE
WHEN: Until funds run out
WHERE: No walkins; apply online or by phone; must have capacity to video chat
WHAT: Through a partnership with the City of Seattle Office of Immigrant & Refugee Affairs (OIRA) and Facebook, El Centro de la Raza will administer DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) scholarship funds on a first-come, first-served basis until funds run out. Successful DACA scholarship grantees will receive a check made out to the Department of Homeland Security to submit with their DACA renewal application.
There is no minimum or maximum income requirement. While the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recommends filing for renewal between 150 and 120 days from when your DACA expires, requests received earlier than 150 days and up to 365 days in advance are currently being accepted. However, this could result in an overlap between your current DACA and your renewal.
Scholarship funds are available to individuals who:
· Have or previously had DACA status AND
· Have a completed DACA renewal application AND
· Who reside, work, or go to school in Seattle
· Note that the address on your scholarship application must be the same as the address on your DACA renewal application.
· You must have a copy of your Employment Authorization Document (EAD)available during your appointment.
2) Schedule a Phone Appointment (no walkins, and you must have the capacity to video chat)
· Go to El Centro’s DACA scheduling webpage OR
· Call Dulce Gutierrez Vasquez at 957.4605x 305 OR
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org
DACA Renewal Resources: